The essential resource for aspiring and professional editors. Whether you are a student of the craft or a working editor, you need The Complete Canadian Book Editor.
From building and managing author relationships, through acquiring and developing manuscripts, to every level of text editing and proofing for print and ebooks, editors play integral roles in the operations of a book publishing house. In The Complete Canadian Book Editor, veteran editor and professor Leslie Vermeer sets out both the concepts and the processes that an effective editor must command.
Dr. Vermeer guides aspiring editors in presenting themselves successfully to employers and clients, and working editors will recognize the voice of a mentor in her advice about career advancement.
Editors at all levels—along with authors and self-publishers—will find in The Complete Canadian Book Editor all of the step-by-step editorial tools they need to take projects from promising beginnings to their full potential. With exercises throughout, The Complete Canadian Book Editor reinforces key concepts, and builds your skills as an expert editor.
- Manuscript acquisition and book contracts.
- Editorial stages, from development to proofreading.
- Design and production, including digital workflow.
- What every editor needs to know about marketing.
- The state of book publishing in Canada today.
- The future of publishing, and why editors are more important than ever before.